Thursday, February 12, 2009

BLESSED ARE THE TROUBLE-MAKERS

“Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No I tell you, but division.”
Jesus Christ in Luke 12:51


I came to Quadra to disturb and rankle you. To provoke your conditioned responses and refute them. To challenge your socially acceptable prejudices with my socially outrageous truths. To promote mental yoga by forcing your brain to establish new neural pathways to process your prefabricated information in alternative ways.

I came not to build upon a rotten foundation but to tear it asunder.

I came to force unspoken and unacknowledged disagreements to the surface with provocative and disrespectful questions so that they may examined and resolved.

I came to excavate the dormant truth rather than bury it with soothing falsehoods.

I came to yank the self-proclaimed enlightened ones from CBC-life support so that they may survive by intellectual self-reliance and impartial research, rather than their lazy dependence on Sierra-NDP sound bites.

I came to rip off the bandage of friendly banalities, false harmony, manufactured consent and superficial smiles and expose the festering wound of subterranean acrimony beneath it so that it can be lanced with satire, derision and criticism. Venting it with small town covert gossip is not a cure but a disease of the cowardly.

From the imposition of artificial unity comes simmering, septic resentments that ultimately erupt in war. Yugoslavian peace becomes a Balkan war. Delusion and denial do not make for a lasting armistice.

From civil wars comes durable harmony. Fevers cannot be cured by throwing out the thermometer nor wounds healed without ventilation. Beware of the “peacemakers” for they do not bring peace but an uneasy truce with unresolved disputes and a prescription of reconciliation and forgiveness for the corrupt and unrepentant.

I came not really as a trouble-maker because I found it already here hidden under lock and key by those afraid to air it out. I merely wish to release it with Gestalt therapy on a public scale.

I came not to be your emotional caretaker or take responsibility for your reactions and interpretations. I am not obligated to live by your limitations or submit to your chosen mantle of victimhood. If need be I will defy your taboos. You can choose not to take offense.

If you elect to be offended, your perceptions of me are not of my concern. I know who I am. I am a writer, and writers are not elected to be kind, but to liberate the truth and set you free. T. Murray
COURAGE IS THE MEASURE OF CHARACTER

“To go against the dominant thinking of your friends, of most of the people you see every day, is perhaps the most difficult act of heroism you can perform.” Theodore H. White

“Few men are willing to brave the disapproval of their fellows, the censure of their colleagues, the wrath of society. Moral courage is a rarer commodity than bravery in battle or great intelligence. Yet is the one essential, vital, quality for those who seek to change a world which yields most painfully to change.” Robert F. Kennedy

“Without courage, all other virtues are to of no avail” Charles Dickens

Ostracism and censure from the morally relativistic and depraved politically correct culture of Quadra is a badge of honour. The Suzuki cult and the Sierra-NDP ruling clique of wine-drinking, CBC-listening, artsy fartsy green yuppies, the unwitting servants and dupes of the corporate agenda---are the Pharisees of our time. Good is bad and bad is good. Soon they will belong to the dustbin of history, and the corrupt money-grubbing corporate lackeys in the Sierra Club hierarchy will be a distant memory.

Tim Murray

No comments: